Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cole Suffolk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 23 Feb 2013 14:54

Hello Gins,
Hope you are not getting fed up with me. I now want to find the father of George Cole b.1580. I guess it is a big ask., but thanks again.
Peter Cole :-)

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Feb 2013 14:27

Peter, please edit your post and remove your email address as it's not allowed in the t&c's. (This isn't a secure site)

Any info would be posted on this thread or by private message (if appropriate) - that is done by clicking on someone's name to open up the message system.

Peter

Peter Report 23 Feb 2013 14:24

Hello again Gins,
Sorry to bother you again.Your information seems very encouraging.Now I am trying to find out more.As I live in Belgium,I am finding difficulty in getting further registrations to other sites.Could I impose and ask you if you can find any more on dear old George.
Thanking you in advance.
Peter Cole
:-)

Peter

Peter Report 23 Feb 2013 11:44

Hello Gins,
Thank you for your reply. I will look into it.
Peter Cole

Gins

Gins Report 23 Feb 2013 10:23

There is this from Ancestry

Suffolk, England, Extracted Parish Records

Text: George Cole & Elizabeth 30 Jun 1608
Book: Marriages at Withersdale, 1660 to 1837. (Marriage)
Collection: Suffolk: - Registers of Marriages (Various Parishes), 1539-1837

According to a tree the spouse is Elizabeth Philep

Peter

Peter Report 23 Feb 2013 09:17

Good morning Reggie,
Thank you for your reply. Will do.
Peter Cole

Reggie

Reggie Report 22 Feb 2013 16:34

Only someone connected would actually 'have info'

Try looking in 'search all trees'

Try the County Records Office

Peter

Peter Report 22 Feb 2013 16:32

Has anyone any information on George Cole, possibly from Fressingfield, father of George Cole, Cratfield,b.14 December 1609. I think he was married in 1608.
Any help would be very welcome.
Peter Cole