Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Abraham Brown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 24 Feb 2013 00:20

Can anyone help over this.
My ancestor Isaac Brown born 1773 who married a Maria Griffiths in Deal Kent in 1798 had a witness Abraham [I or T or J]middle name who countersigned ,also a C,Henderson.
I am trying to find out where my ancestor came from[not Biddenden] as he was a draper and tailor by trade and either learnt his craft in a family business or apprenticeship.
With this Abraham signature i am hoping that there is a family link so that i can place his parentage.
Regards.
Michael.

Astra

Astra Report 24 Feb 2013 07:07

There is this one with a father Abraham.

name: Isaac Brown
baptism/christening date: 13 May 1770
baptism/christening place: Lydd, Kent, England
birth date:
birthplace:
death date:
name note:
race:
father's name: Abraham Brown
father's birthplace:
father's age:
mother's name: Mary Hatton
mother's birthplace:
mother's age:
indexing project (batch) number: C03361-9
system origin: England-EASy
source film number: 1736874
reference number: it 4 p 144

Brother Nathan born 1867

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Feb 2013 08:58

Have you looked for a Will in any of those names. That might give a clue to relationships which might help you to track them.

I'm happy to check Lydd parish records at Folkestone library if you think it might help.

Please send a pm direct if you want me to do this, incase I don't notice your answer here.

Gwyn