Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Researching Kemble Ancestors

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 2 Mar 2013 18:11

There is another possible brother for Francis....

If it turns out the parents are as above, Joseph T Kemble/Patricia Mccarthy, it looks like he may have married twice( second time spelt Josef T) and there is a portrait of him on Ancestry.com...

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 2 Mar 2013 17:47

Looks like DJ has since deleted the duplicate. If I recall there was very little on it.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 2 Mar 2013 17:43

Lynski

clicked on the thread link you posted but it comes up as 'error does not exist' so do not know what has already been researched!!

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 2 Mar 2013 17:35

Only in that you can find the records to enable you to buy the certificates from GRO.

In the case of unusual names you might be able to work back a bit, but you could also end up in a mess.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 2 Mar 2013 17:34

looks like Francis had a brother and a sister both also born Cardiff mmn Mccarthy.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 2 Mar 2013 16:12

Thanks for the help. Can I confirm my ancestors with the BMD index?

Lynski

Lynski Report 27 Feb 2013 20:19

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1320411

Mike *

Mike * Report 27 Feb 2013 18:56

2 possible marriages for parents.
You will need Francis's birth cert to be sure you follow the right line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Mar 1934
Kemble William - McCarthy- Cardiff 11a 620
McCarthy Susan M - Kemble- Cardiff 11a 620

Marriages Jun 1940
Kemble Joseph T- McCarthy- Cardiff 11a 1012
McCarthy Patricia - Kemble- Cardiff 11a 1012

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Feb 2013 18:28

Look on FreeBMD for the birth and that will give you the maiden name of the mother.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Use that information to look for any possible marriages or get the birth cert to confirm the names

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 27 Feb 2013 18:28

This is his birth reg, ordering the cert from the GRO will give you parents names

Births Jun 1948 (>99%)

Kemble Francis McCarthy Cardiff 8b 341

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 27 Feb 2013 18:25

I am looking for the parents of Francis Kemble born in Cardiff 1948. He married Carolyn Lawrence then later got divorced. They both had 2 children, Andrew Francis Kemble and Penelope Kemble.
I don't no much about my Kemble lineage so if any help comes across, please let me know!