Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Podmore/Padmore

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 11 Mar 2013 19:58

Hi
My 3x Gt grandfather,William Padmore married Margaret Richards in the Penkridge area in November 1794

Im looking to find my 3x Gt grandfathers father but I have 3 possible Williams, all born in the same parish (St Marys,Stafford) in a 13 year period but I cant seem to prove which one is my ancestor. Has anyone any idea how I can find the correct one.

Many thanks
Malcolm Podmore

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Mar 2013 10:20

Do you have a copy of the marriage entry in the parish registers?
Maybe the witness names might lead you towards a particular family.

Gwyn

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Mar 2013 10:25

Padmore/Podmore is a name local to Stafford/Stoke on Trent area. I have some in my tree and they can be nightmare to follow as they reuse quite a small number of names over and over again.

Andy

Jean

Jean Report 13 Mar 2013 17:08

Podmore yes i have had trouble with mine they all come from Stoke-on-trent . All seam to reuse the same names over & over again as you say.

Jean

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 13 Mar 2013 21:35

Thanks to you all
I got the info from Stafford Record Office and this is how I recorded the info
Extract from Staffs Parish Registers (Penkridge)
Baptisms & Burials 1790- 1837 Part 2
Marriages 1735-1837}}

How would I find the original source please