Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Winchester Records Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 14 Mar 2013 18:22

I visit this office regularly. If anyone has any Hampshire look-ups I can help with, let me know.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Mar 2013 19:07

Thank you Wendy.
This might be very useful to me one day.

I have spent hours there myself, but when back home there always seems something else that needs following up.

Gwyn

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Mar 2013 19:30

What a very kind offer Wendy.

:-)

Alan

Alan Report 16 Mar 2013 10:45

Nudge

Alan

Alan Report 17 Mar 2013 13:03

Nudge

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Apr 2013 20:05

Someone looking for this thread ??

Gail

Gail Report 1 Apr 2013 21:06

Hi ... I have posted the below message on another board and someone suggested contacting you to see if you can help as it relates to Winchester. I would love to know if Frances Martha died or re-married. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. Gail

James Racketts Hobday married Frances Martha Farmer (b1872) in 1888 in Winchester and they had 2 children - Frances 1889 and James 1891. (All are together on 1891 census)
James Senior then married Eva Hiscock 1899 in Winchester. He and Eva are together with their children and Frances - Frances Martha' daughter. (James junior died in 1893). But I cannot find Frances Martha anywhere. Did she die? Did she re-marry? I cannot find details for either.
Any help solving this mystery greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Gail