Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A check of a birth please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 18 Mar 2013 23:24

I would be most grateful if someone could check a birth on this sites records. I put in the births search surname Smitherman kent with mother's maiden name Dorrington. put 1951 with 5yrs + or - I have a marriage of an Albert Smitherman to a Rose-marie J Dorrington in 1950 her death in 1955 and wanted to see if they had any children..........It came up with a Carole A Dorrington 1948 and said one for the smitherman name? On the freeBMD she is put with mother's name Dorrington.
so I was wondering if this other record has some info about her father being Smitherman?
Many thanks in advance
Dawn in NZ

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Mar 2013 23:34

?? Are you certain this is the right death

Name: Rose Smitherman
Birth Date: abt 1893
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1955
Age at Death: 62
Registration district: Maidstone
Inferred County: Kent
Volume: 5b
Page: 795

patchem

patchem Report 18 Mar 2013 23:39

I think it is a peculiarity to this site's records, and does not mean that it is a Dorrington/Smitherman birth.
If you look at the records on free bmd you will see that it is a Dorrington/Dorrington birth.

patchem

patchem Report 18 Mar 2013 23:44

Birth?
Births Mar 1932
Dorrington Rose M J Stephens Steyning 2b 364

Dawn

Dawn Report 18 Mar 2013 23:49

Thanks glitterbay I didn't know if it was her death doesn't look like it. I was just wondering as I saw another marriage for an Albert E Smitherman in 1979 and this man did have a marrage in 1925 and his wife and young son left him and went to the US in 1927! was wondering what the record for Carole A Dorrington said if anything regarding a Smitherman, since it mentioned it on the search.

Thanks also patchem I did see the Dorrington/Dorrington birth on the freeBMD just trying to find out if there was any children from the Dorrington/Smitherman marriage in 1950

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Mar 2013 23:49

Albert might have married 3 times all in Kent. So could he have got divorced from Rose

That possible death certainly does not match that possible birth in 1932

patchem

patchem Report 18 Mar 2013 23:54

Are these marriages of the same person?
Albert E Smitherman
Spouse Surname: Dorrington
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1950
Registration district: Tonbridge
Volume Number: 5b
Page Number: 2311

Albert E Smitherman
Spouse Surname: Twort
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1979
Registration district: Tonbridge
Volume Number: 16
Page Number: 1643

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Mar 2013 23:58

Name: Eileen A Smitherman
Birth Date: abt 1905
Port of Departure: Quebec, Canada
Arrival Date: 6 Jun 1931
Port of Arrival: Southampton, England
Ports of Voyage: Cherbourg
Ship Name: Empress of Australia
Search Ship Database: View the 'Empress of Australia' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Shipping Line: Canadian Pacific Line
Official Number: 145300

The first wife

Births Sep 1905 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howard Eileen Agnes Kensington 1a 106

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Mar 2013 00:01

Hi thank you to both of you for your replies. Yes that is what I am thinking about Albert. I know the first one to Eileen Howard and was wondering if he remarried after Eileen went to the US, she did go back to the UK twice the last time in 1937 and did remarry in the US. Just trying for see if he had any more children.