Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Roll Search - 1946

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

moonstar

moonstar Report 27 Apr 2013 09:53

Hi, not sure if anyone has access to search the 1946 electoral roll for Southampton.
but if so I'm looking for details of 48 Portland Terrance, Southampton.

Many thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Apr 2013 10:27

Those records aren't online. You would need to look at the local main library or records office for them.
I believe though you have to search by name and not by an address

moonstar

moonstar Report 27 Apr 2013 10:30

Meant to add... there should have been a Annice Lorvain Matthews and Harry Shaw living there. I'm trying to found out if there were any other residents at this time, possibly a Shirley Matthews and June Matthews

Reggie

Reggie Report 27 Apr 2013 10:30

Old ER's are searched ONLY by address

Contact the main library in Soton, and ask if they are able/willing to carry out a search for you

And don't forget that at that time the voting age was 21

moonstar

moonstar Report 27 Apr 2013 10:31

Ah, thank you for that. Glad I'm close the library