Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 28 Jun 2013 17:28

I am looking for anyone who can help with finding the birth dates of my two uncles Christopher McGuinness and William McGuinness born between 1912 and 1920 in Dublin Ireland their mother was Mary McGuinness Nee Daly and John McGuinness. would appreciate any help.

Mike *

Mike * Report 28 Jun 2013 17:56

?????????????

Christopher McGuinness

Date of Registration:Apr-May-Jun 1912
Registration District:Dublin South
Birth Country:Ireland

Volume:2
Page:678

Mike *

Mike * Report 28 Jun 2013 17:58

Did he go to Canada ?

Name:
Christopher McGuinness

Estimated Birth Year:abt 1912
Birth Country:Irish Free State

Date of Arrival:22 Aug 1930

Vessel:Duchess of York
Port of Arrival:Montreal, Quebec
Port of Departure:Liverpool, England

Mike *

Mike * Report 28 Jun 2013 17:59

Did he have a middle name ?

Christopher John McGuinness

Date of Registration:
Jan-Feb-Mar 1912

Registration District:
Dublin North
Birth Country:Ireland

Volume:2
Page:508

Mike *

Mike * Report 28 Jun 2013 18:04

There are lots of Williams.
Can you not pinpoint their birthyears ?

Any idea when they died ?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 28 Jun 2013 21:29

pm from George:

In 1911 the my Grandfathers family lived in 4.3 Mastersons Lane Dublin South Side, my fahther was born 1911 his brothers were born in Dublin my grandfather then move to England about 1915/16 but I can't find records of Cjristopher's and Williams's birth.

That was in answer to my question:

"On the Canadian shipping record that Mike posted above the father of that chap was a Mr M McGuinness of 111 Marlboro Street, Dublin.

George - there are quite a few possible births for Christopher McGuinnesses (that's without middle names) and even more for first name William in the Dublin area in the timespan.

There is more than one possible marriage for the parents.

Can you tell us any further info at all about the family, such as John's age and occupation, Mary's age. Were there any children born before 1912? When did John and Mary die?

If we can place the family on the Irish 1911 then the location might give us something to work from."

I've deleted my post where I asked that as it had been ticked as answered and once that is done the whole thread is marked as answered and it appears no further help is needed.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jun 2013 21:41

Why do GR persist with the stupid 'marked as answered'?

They have been asked on countless occasions to get rid of it.................hardly anyone uses it correctly

George

Use the large white box below posts to add feedback..................and only use the 'answered' tag when your query has been FULLY resolved

George

George Report 29 Jun 2013 21:08

Thanks for the help I am trying to verify Christopher through an other source, but William is still giving me trouble, I think his birth year was 1919,if you find him let me know, Irish church records don't have anything after 1910/11.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Mar 2014 22:41

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1338696