Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pratt Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 5 Jul 2013 22:56

I am having problems tracing a deceased relative. In 1901 census it states no children, then in 1911 census it states 4 children born, two died,. I have found one born & died in 1899. The Pratt family lived in Walsall, Staffordshire between 1897 & at least 1905, as my grandfather Jack was born in 1901, and his sister Kathleen in 1905 in Walsall. I know they moved at some point as in 1911 census it says they lived in Solihull, Warwickshire. Please can anyone help /advise in this matter of tracing the other child? I have tried matching births & deaths up, but keep drawing blanks. Chris

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Jul 2013 23:05

Hello Christine, just for our reference is this the correct 1911?

PRATT, John Hubert Head Married M 38 1873 Grocer Heddon Yorkshire
PRATT, Edith Lizzie Wife Married13 years F 33 1878 Birmingham
PRATT, Kathleen Mary Daughter F 5 1906 Walsall Staffs
PRATT, Jack Son M 9 1902 Walsall Staffs

RG number: RG14 Piece: 18691
Reference: RG14PN18691 RG78PN1115 RD392 SD1 ED53 SN205
Registration District: Solihull
Sub District: Solihull
Enumeration District: 53
Parish: Yardley

Address: 815 Stratford Road Sparkhill Birmingham County: Warwickshire

Christine

Christine Report 5 Jul 2013 23:29

Hi, Yes all details you have written are correct. Herbert William Francis Pratt, brother of above was born in 1899 & died in 1899. There was another child, male or female I do not have a clue. Any ideas please would be very helpful. Kind Regards Chris