Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pratt Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 5 Jul 2013 22:56

I am having problems tracing a deceased relative. In 1901 census it states no children, then in 1911 census it states 4 children born, two died,. I have found one born & died in 1899. The Pratt family lived in Walsall, Staffordshire between 1897 & at least 1905, as my grandfather Jack was born in 1901, and his sister Kathleen in 1905 in Walsall. I know they moved at some point as in 1911 census it says they lived in Solihull, Warwickshire. Please can anyone help /advise in this matter of tracing the other child? I have tried matching births & deaths up, but keep drawing blanks. Chris

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Jul 2013 23:05

Hello Christine, just for our reference is this the correct 1911?

PRATT, John Hubert Head Married M 38 1873 Grocer Heddon Yorkshire
PRATT, Edith Lizzie Wife Married13 years F 33 1878 Birmingham
PRATT, Kathleen Mary Daughter F 5 1906 Walsall Staffs
PRATT, Jack Son M 9 1902 Walsall Staffs

RG number: RG14 Piece: 18691
Reference: RG14PN18691 RG78PN1115 RD392 SD1 ED53 SN205
Registration District: Solihull
Sub District: Solihull
Enumeration District: 53
Parish: Yardley

Address: 815 Stratford Road Sparkhill Birmingham County: Warwickshire

Christine

Christine Report 5 Jul 2013 23:29

Hi, Yes all details you have written are correct. Herbert William Francis Pratt, brother of above was born in 1899 & died in 1899. There was another child, male or female I do not have a clue. Any ideas please would be very helpful. Kind Regards Chris