Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Forrest family. of Forreston South Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frederick

Frederick Report 19 Jul 2013 11:40

Hi there

Can anyone help me further my Australian link in my family tree my ancestor
Alexander Forrest Dob 1821 app set out the town of Forreston about 1858 after arriving there On a ship called the Thomas Maitland , He was a blacksmith to trade and had a Large family of whom I have traced most of. I would like to trace his sons and daughters families
I would be grateful for any information.

Fred Bell

Glasgow Scotland

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jul 2013 11:48

If you can give details of the youngest known family members - birth year and place, who they married, where and year - and we'll do what we can

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jul 2013 12:03

there are a number of trees on Ancestry, some quoting each other as a source. They all seem to agree that he died 20.6.1895 in Mt Crawford, South Australia

One of them has transcribed an obituary in which it states

"He leaves a widow, five sons, five daughters; and forty five grandchildren."

Many of the trees have followed their own specific line. As no doubt you have spent many hours/months and possiby years on your research, to tell us what you 'don't' know would be helpful ;-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Jul 2013 12:05

best delete this Frederick and stick to your original Forrest thread so research does not get duplicated :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Jul 2013 14:17

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1311275

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1259180