Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

An electoral register lookup for Kent?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Jul 2013 19:33

I am interested in 68 Margaret Road in Ramsgate, and someone with the surname Redford. Trying to work out their first name. Most likely in the 1940s

It is in a note book of my grandfathers and we think may be in connection with who he was cared by when abandoned by his mother.

Just trying to piece together information. So anyone who can help, it would be appreciated.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Jul 2013 22:05

Electoral registers from that period are not online. You will need to check with either the library nearest to the address or with the County Records Office for Kent.

If you don't live nearby you could try emailing the library to see if they will do a look-up for you. Bear in mind that there would be no electoral rolls taken during the war and only those registered to vote (i.e. those over 21) would be listed.

Contact details for the library:-

Ramsgate library
Guildford Lawn
Ramsgate
CT11 9AY
Tel: 0300 333 6022
ramsgatelibrary @kent.gov.uk

Kath. x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Jul 2013 22:31

Just an observation - there doesn't seem to be a Margaret Rd. still in existence, but there is a Margate Rd - worth double-checking just in case!
Jan

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 20 Jul 2013 03:55

Sorry yes it should of been margate road, my iPad autocorrected.

I will try emailing the Iibrsry, I live in Canada so can't get there myself. Thanks for your help.