Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1931 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 22 Jul 2013 11:06

How can I find the 1931 Census please?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jul 2013 11:07

You can't...............it doesn't exist

And, in any case, it would not have been released to the public until at least 2032

Astra

Astra Report 22 Jul 2013 11:08

I'm afraid you can't and never will. It was destroyed.
If it existed it wouldn't be made available for public viewing until 2031.

Andrew

Andrew Report 22 Jul 2013 11:25

Destroyed in World War 2 which is why there is not a 1941. After the 1921 (which SHOULD be released in 2022) the next is 1951.

If you are looking for specific people, you could try the Elrectoral Roles for the area.

Andy

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Jul 2013 11:47

If your ancestors were Scottish, you 're in luck - if you can wait until 2031/2.
The Scottish 1931 census was not destroyed, as it was stored in Edinburgh.

Deborah

Deborah Report 30 Jul 2013 19:31

I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I am not familiar with searching and technology so forgive me. Happy searching all.

Love Debbie x :-D