Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vatcher/Sandell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 21:02

Hi folks,
I have been researching the above families, and others for my friend Gillian Brooks, who doesn't have a tree due to lack of monies, so I have done the research for her but will need a blank tree for her to start.
So - the question is, can I have a blank tree for her so that I can get going?
Many thanks for your help, if you can?
Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 21:19

Hi again folks - Just realised that I can set up another tree for Gillian Brooks and will set this up asap!
Thanks for looking for me though!
Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 21:51

Oh dear .... sorry to be a nuisance again - Gillian Brooks does not have a subscription and I have been researching the Vatchers and Sandells for her.
Are there any other Vatchers,Sandells and Brooks on GR that might be able to help in our quest please?
Thank you
Jayne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 21:56

Jayne

We will help if we can............

........but you must give some clues as to location and time-scale .

Some forenames would also help us to help you, together with some idea of what research you have done yourself

Any GR members researching the names will probably have them in their trees.

Look in 'search all trees...............

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 22:04

Hi Reggie,
I have been researching the Vatcher/Sandell and Brooks for Gillian, for a long while and am hoping that this might be a good place to start, as she doesn't have a full tree. I have researched all of the folks for her tree, so there should be no problem - apart from the fact that she doesn't have a subscription.
If any other Brook's etc. are on GR to see if they match, I would be grateful if anyone could help.
Many thanks
Jayne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 22:07

Not sure what you're after...............I''m sorry, but your post isn't clear in that regard

If you wish to find links on here.......do as I advised earlier...............
look in 'search all trees.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 22:08

If Gillian has a computer, she can put her own tree on GR.............without charge

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 22:09

CrikeyO Blimey Reggie!
I was going to do the London lot tomorrow, but I didn't think that there were any Vatchells in Merioneth!
Jayne

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 25 Jul 2013 22:11

Jayne, it's extremely unlikely that anyone researching the same families will see your post on these boards. Quite a small minority of the Genes membership actually use the boards.

The only way you're going to find any other Brooks, Vatchers or Sandells is to go to the Search menu above and then search other members trees until you find matches.

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 22:16

Hi Reggie,
The main part of the tree that we have been researching is actually from Dorset - tons of them! And all ready to download!
What we need is for someone who has the same people on their trees - and hopefully some nice person will come to our aid so that I can get on to her tree and get get going.
What we need is to see if any folks will help us so that we can get along with this.
Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2013 22:23

Hi Marie-Celeste, I will try the any other Brooks, Vatchers and Sandells and will keep my fingers crossed - thanks!
Jayne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 22:25

I told you right at the start that we'll help if we can.............so I'm afraid I don't know what your problem is

We can't help unless you give us some facts

Not sure what you are trying to do.................I can't work it out. (It's been a long day)

If you have researched the info............add it to the tree.

You don't need anyone else's input for that

Start with Gillian........then her parents (if they are alive, you MUST have their permission) , then grandparents.etc, etc.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 22:33

I deleted the criminal record info.......not relevant

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 25 Jul 2013 22:50

Jayne, if you find another member with the same people in their tree as your friend what are you hoping will then happen?

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Jul 2013 23:23

Jayne, the site doesn't really work like that, you may find someone with some matching names on their tree, but they may not be researching the same line ( ie one of your direct line may just be a very distant cousin to their line and of no interest to them or just too distant a relative for them to know anything about)

If you haven't done so, you could also look at trees on Mundia and Tribal Pages, some are open to view. But don't forget those trees or any on here may not be accurate so it is always better to work your way through the records yourself rather than just add on names from other trees. :-D

Once you have put the tree on here you can always ask for help ( on Gillian's behalf) if you can't find info.

Jayne

Jayne Report 26 Jul 2013 10:58

Hi Rambling Rose,
I have FMP so I know this is ok, and it's all ready to go with my research - just need to find Gillian so that I can !
Thanks for your advice and help - I will leave this until Gillian surfaces again.
Jayne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2013 11:06

Sorry to have to say this, but this makes even less sense now.....................

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Oct 2013 22:37

:-S
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1332492