Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for passage to Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 28 Jul 2013 09:37

Hi, I'm looking for the date of passage to Sydney Australia for a Marion Chadwick Née Johnson (b) 27 Apr 1926 Barrow-in-Furness Lancs possibly after 1971 & before 2001 as this is when she passed away. Thanks

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 28 Jul 2013 11:30

Hi there Andrew - did she travel as Chadwick or Johnson?

Andrew

Andrew Report 28 Jul 2013 11:34

I would assume she traveled as a Chadwick as she was married in 1944 but her husband died in 1962 so she went to Australia to be with other family.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 28 Jul 2013 11:42

Have had a look around and UK outward passenger lists on-line only cover 1890 to 1960 and relate mainly to ships - she may have flown.

Australian arrivals only seem to go up to mid 1920s.

The Australian Electoral Rolls go up to 1980 and I'm not seeing anything for her on there.

However, one of our researchers in Oz may spot your heading and have access to other records which may help.

Andrew

Andrew Report 28 Jul 2013 11:47

Thanks for that. will keep fingers crossed :-)

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Jul 2013 02:19

The 'National Library of Aus' (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service -they MAY find her on their electoral rolls - until her death in 2001.

Valerie (WAus)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Jul 2013 05:27

Try this site .............. see if you can find anything

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/NameSearch/Interface/NameSearchForm.aspx

it's the National Archives of Australia

I once found my application to immigrate into Australia, and my cousins' immigration in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Not sure how up-to-date it is.