Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

L Hundle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 27 Aug 2013 19:11

I am trying to find if anyone has a Mrs L Hundle in their family, in 1920 she was living in Toronto Canada but I believe she was born in England possibly Yorkshire. L. Could be Lilian, lily or Linda. she had a brother who went to live with her in 1920 but unsure of his name or her maiden name. Strange request put I hope someone can help me

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Aug 2013 19:16

have you looked on Search Trees to see if she is listed. But think you will need her maiden name .

Mike *

Mike * Report 27 Aug 2013 19:18

Did she marry in England or Canada ?

There is a Mrs Hundle but no Christian name, leaving for USA with 2 children John and Ethel

Name:Mrs Hundle
Departure Date:8 Sep 1900
Port of Departure:Liverpool, England
Destination Port:New York, USA
Ship Name:Lucania
Master:H M Kay

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Aug 2013 19:24

Also

Name: M HUNDLE
Date of departure: 31 October 1907
Port of departure: Liverpool
Destination port: Quebec
Destination country: Canada
Date of Birth: 1868 (calculated from age)
Marital Status: Married
Sex: Female
Notes:
Passenger recorded on: Page 4 of 20
The following people with the same last name travelled on this voyage: -
J HUNDLE
M HUNDLE
R HUNDLE
R HUNDLE
W HUNDLE

with daughters 18, 11, 8, 6 and 4

not an L

John

John Report 27 Aug 2013 19:34

Just unsure if this is the family, I found her name on an immigration form. that I obtained from the immigration in Canada, when presuming her brother joined her in 1920, he travelled on my grandfathers passport who had died in Sheffield 1917

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Aug 2013 19:39

Canadian voters list
Name: Mrs George Hundle
Electoral District: Danforth
Year: 1940

edit the image is Rundle

John

John Report 27 Aug 2013 20:03

Is it possible to find her on the 1920 or 1930 voters list in Toronto and who was living at living at 15 Hambly avenue Toronto

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Aug 2013 20:30

There are quite a lot of Hundles in different parts of Ontario, but nothing for Toronto

I can't search for the address

John

John Report 27 Aug 2013 20:47

Many thanks. Linda They could possibly have moved., in fact I believe Hambly Avenue in Toronto is no longer there. I don't think I will be able to find the brother of this Mrs L Hundle because he was an imposter, travelling on my grandfathers passport