Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hertfordshire records office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 11 Oct 2013 11:12

Can anyone help me ,
I am trying to find out if a Richard Grout[1550-1640] from Much[or Little] Hadnam was the father of a Richard born in Clavering Essex in 1578.
As some of the parishes which are now Herts were at that time in Essex.
As i cannot find any other children born i am wondering whether the family ever moved to Clavering with possible earlier children.
Regards.
Michael.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Oct 2013 11:29

The only record which will help is the child's baptism..........which should be at the Essex office

However, that will tell you only the father's name.........not his age, nor where he was born

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Oct 2013 11:53

There are trees on Ancestry that say father was Richard Grout 1550-1640.

jax

jax Report 11 Oct 2013 12:08

Michael why not stick to one of your earlier threads about him

Have you looked at the Seax site?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Oct 2013 12:11

One of many..............

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1302477

Michael

Michael Report 12 Oct 2013 10:38

Hi everyone,
Yes, i know that i have posted previous messages.
No, am not on SEAX but assume that records for that period as regards to parishes would now be held by Herts FRO.
Can anyone check on SEAX for me for 1578 in Clavering as to whether there was a parents name shown.
Am not entirely sure as to whether Richard[1550-1640] was his father as Much Hadnam was shown as his birthplace or parish.
Regards.
Michael.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Oct 2013 10:49

Contact the Records Office.................and ask them

And please do not post more than one thread per topic..........as previously asked!

Michael

Michael Report 26 Oct 2013 18:53

Hi everyone,
Are there any Grout's out there who live in Hertfordshire and who could assist in my search.
Regards.
Michael.