Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I have 1911 Census please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Linda

Linda Report 11 Jan 2014 21:41

Hello.

Can someone kindly give me the details of this brother and Sister from 1911 Census please!

1911;
DIVINE Elizabeth age 62yrs, B.1849 Seaham Harbour.Co Durham.- Newcastle upon tyne. St Andrew.St Andrew Northumberland.

PYLE John age 75yrs, Born 1836 Sunderland.Durham- Newcastle upon Tyne. St Andrew. St Andrew.

Can you confirm they were living at 20 Morpeth Street.Spital Tongues. Newcastle upon Tyne..St Andrew....Also could you tell me what was John`s occupation is please

Thank you.
Linda.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 Jan 2014 21:47

Name: John Pyle
Age in 1911: 75 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836
Relation to Head: Head Gender: Male
Birth Place: Sunderland, Durham, England
Civil Parish: St Andrew County/Island: Northumberland Country: England
Street Address: 20 Morpeth Street Spital Tongues
Marital Status: Widowed Occupation: Bricklayer
Registration District: Newcastle upon Tyne Registration District Number: 558 Sub-registration District: St Andrew ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Piece: 30559 Household Members:
Name Age
John Pyle 75
Elizabeth Divine 62

Elizabeth born Harbour. Occupation of char woman

Linda

Linda Report 11 Jan 2014 21:53

Glitterbaby
Thank you for the above information!

May I ask another Question??
Was it compulsary to have your name in the Electoral roll back in 1911
reason asking I cannot find these two persons in any electoral roll. yet at the same address there is someone else registered there?

Can you help me with the Question please!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 Jan 2014 21:54

Perhaps the owner of the house is shown on the electroal register rather than tenants.

Otherwise sorry can not answer that question

Linda

Linda Report 11 Jan 2014 21:59

ok. thank you.

Hopefully someone may come to my aid and answer my question.!

Linda.