Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for a Burial or Death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 31 Jan 2014 17:34

I am wondering if anyone could help find a burial for my Belgian 2nd Great Grandfather.

Born: 14 Feb 1876 in Boom, Antwerp, Belgium
Married: 16 Oct 1915 (in Cardiff Wales, UK to Mary Hollingshead Gwynn)

He left the UK shortly after marriage to Mary H Gywnn. She had a child with him named Mary Elizabeth Mees.

I am unsure whether he moved back to Belgium or he moved to another country or another part of the UK. But he would have died after 1915.

Alternate Names: Jean Frans Mees / Jan Frans Mees

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 31 Jan 2014 18:20

Births Sep 1919 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------
Mees Harry Gwynn Cardiff 11a 633

Deaths Sep 1919 (>99%)
-------------------------------------------
MEES Harry 0 Cardiff 11a 261

(was there other 'Threads' relating, I remember posting above, and one on Genealogy Chat to do with Passenger lists, do you still have them?)

Chris :)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1327046

jax

jax Report 31 Jan 2014 18:25

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1327046

Ahh you edited Chris :-D

not worth deleting as it will still stay in my threads

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 31 Jan 2014 18:27

(Thanks Jax, looks like other one Passenger relating was deleted!, shame, had quite a bit of info, from MC if I remember rightly)

Chris :)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 31 Jan 2014 20:41

Yes Chris, there was loads of information and links on that deleted thread .....

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 4 Feb 2014 19:10

:-|

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Feb 2014 23:35

Why the frown Daniel?

Perhaps if you can remind us of the information previously found (to save us finding it all over again) then perhaps we can find something new ....