Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is Alice Pryde b.1583 Sedgley,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Mar 2014 22:17

Can anyone help please. Is Alice Pryde the same person as Alice Feredaye. I keep getting confused when doing lookups, the same information for both persons makes me think they are both the same person. Any help fully appreciated.

David Timmins

patchem

patchem Report 19 Mar 2014 22:40

Could you explain where you have found your information, and what it consists of?

Thank-you

Added:
Neither lady appears to be in anyone's tree on here.

safc

safc Report 19 Mar 2014 22:41

????

Alice Pryde, "England Marriages, 1538–1973 "
Name: Thomas Tymminges
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Spouse's Birth Date:
Spouse's Birthplace:
Spouse's Age:
Event Date: 10 Jun 1604
Event Place: Sedgley, Stafford, England
Father's Name:
Mother's Name:
Spouse's Father's Name:
Spouse's Mother's Name:
Race:
Marital Status:
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00998-7
System Origin: England-ODM
GS Film number: 1040788
Reference ID:

patchem

patchem Report 20 Mar 2014 06:50

Are you assuming she is 21 at marriage, so birth date of 1583?

As no-one has posted any other information, could you please state your sources, as one marriage is no proof of anything.

She is in about 6 trees on here as Alice Fereday - have you contacted any of the tree holders?

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 20 Mar 2014 09:53

She's on many trees on Ancestry under one name or the other, one tree with both names. All trees have the same marriage date but no info on her parents.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Mar 2014 11:55

You may need to track down where the Parish record books are held & view the original entry - it could be a transcription error.

16/17th century letter shapes aren't the same as they are today!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Mar 2014 12:11

SEDGLEY, All Saints - original records held at Dudley Archives, but probably on Microfiche/Film eslewhere.

Contact Staffs Archives for advice - they may make a charge to copy search for and copy an entry.

Staffordshire Record Office
Eastgate Street
Stafford
ST16 2LZ
Tel. 01785 278379 (Bookings 01785 278373)
Email: [email protected]

http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/leisure/archives/homepage.aspx

David

David Report 20 Mar 2014 21:54

Hi Everyone, I have taken a look at a copy of the original Parish record of Thomas's marriage and it is written very poorly but looking at it in an enlarged view it does record the marriage of Thomas Timminges to Alice Fereday on the 10th June 1604 at All Saints Church Sedgley. The only record I could find of Alice Pryde was a transcription on the LDS Family Search which gives the same date for the marriage to Thomas. I will have to leave this question open as there seems to be a transcription error. I thank everyone for showing interest and trying to help.

PopT