Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BURIAL RECORD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 6 Apr 2014 20:22

Hello
Hoping someone could help me . I am trying to find the final resting place of Monica Griffin.
She was born on 25 July 1940 and died two days later 27th July 1940. Parents were James and Cissy(Frances) Griffin of 14 Wordsworth St . Pendleton Salford
Ive got the death certificate but the family are desperately trying to find where she is buried . They were a RC family and so would have been buried in RC cemetery but the churches in that area don't have cemetaries. Ive hit a brick wall .My father in law is 85 and not in the best of health and hes desperate to know where she was laid to rest- so any help gratefully received . Thanks Jayne :-S

patchem

patchem Report 6 Apr 2014 20:36

If the churches do not have cemeteries, who have you contacted to find out where people are buried?

Could you give a little description as to where you have looked?

Thank-you

Added:
e.g. http://www.salfordonline.com/salfordvideos_page/33054-barton_upon_irwell_rc_cemetery_burial_registers_1823_-_1948.html

Jayne

Jayne Report 6 Apr 2014 20:43

I haven't contacted anyone as yet- just looked online. The church that my mother in law used to attend as a girl (Monicas sister) when she lived in the area was St Boniface and also St Sebastiens . Neither of which have cemetaries.
So I am trying to second guess where she might have gone and don't really know where to go from here. Thanks

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 6 Apr 2014 20:56

Jane... Try contacting the Church to see if they indicate in their Burial Register where she was laid to Rest....Given her age of two days she may not have had her own burial plot but may be with other family members...Most cemeteries have RC and other denominational plots.....Try Weaste Cem. a search of their Surname data base gives the following...

GRIFFIN In 4 Graves A Total Of 14 People ...may not be related to you but may be worthwhile checking it out.

Jayne

Jayne Report 6 Apr 2014 21:04

Thanks so much . I will do .
:-D

Jayne

Jayne Report 6 Apr 2014 21:31

Ive just ordered a search of that . Thanks x