Please can anyone help. I am trying to confirm that a Gabriel Blake was listed as being Christened on the 29 Nov 1756 in Wiinslow Buckinghamshire.
Any help would be appreciated.
the only Gabriel Blake I can see in England is this one
Name: Gabriel Blake
Spouse's Name: Eliz Adams
Event Date: 16 Oct 1786
Event Place: Toddington,Bedford,England
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00391-1 , System Origin: England-ODM , GS Film number: 826548, 845459
and he has a fair number of children
searching the net, found these
Children of THOMAS BLAKE and ELIZABETH are:
4. i. THOMAS(3) BLAKE, d. 1762, Winslow.
5. ii. ELIZABETH(3) BLAKE.
iii. ANNE BLAKE, m. 1705 GEORGE STONE (b. 1680, Whitchurch). Sole executrix of mother's will in 1716.
iv. JOHN BLAKE, b. 1696, Winslow; d. 1698, Winslow.
3. GEORGE(2) BLAKE (father: UNKNOWN1) He married MARIA.
Children of GEORGE BLAKE and MARIA are:
i. ROBERT(3) BLAKE, d. 1711.
6. ii. GEORGE(3) BLAKE, b. 1691, Winslow.
7. iii. JOHN(3) BLAKE, b. 1695, Winslow.
iv. MARIA BLAKE, b. 1697.
v. WILLIAM BLAKE, b. 1700.
vi. JOANNA BLAKE, b. 1703.
Children of THOMAS BLAKE and ELIZABETH BENNELL are:
8. i. THOMAS(4) BLAKE, b. 1715, Winslow; d. 1784, Winslow.
9. ii. ELIZABETH(4) BLAKE, b. 1716, Winslow.
iii. GEORGE BLAKE, b. 1717.
iv. JOHN BLAKE, b. 1718; d. 1761, Winslow. Occupation: Tanner.
v. MARY BLAKE, b. 1720, Winslow; d. 1720, Winslow.
vi. WILLIAM BLAKE, b. 1721, Winslow; d. 1797, Shipton near Winslow; m. ANNE, 1764, Addington; d. Bef. 1793.
Will made in 1793, where William describes himself as a Yeoman, proven in 1797 leaves bequests to Mary and Elizabeth Blake (daughters of late brother Thomas), Gabriel and John Blake (sons of brother Robert Blake), brother Edward Blake, "son-in-law" (ie stepson) Robert Coulson and Robert's children. Also kinsman James Barton and Widow Newman are mentioned. Possibly the same William Blake as the William Blake of Winslow currier (1762) and the William Blake of Addington, dairyman (1774) who also owned property in Quainton (title deeds dated 1762 in Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies).
10. vii. ROBERT(4) BLAKE, b. 1723, Winslow.
viii. EDWARD BLAKE, b. Abt. 1724, Winslow; d. July 1725, Winslow.
ix. EDMUND BLAKE, b. Abt. 1725, Winslow; d. Abt. 1725, Winslow.
x. JONATHAN BLAKE, b. Abt. 1725, Winslow; d. Abt. 1725, Winslow. They seem to be twins. Date of birth and death Jan 1725 or 1726.
11. xi. ANN(4) BLAKE, b. 1726.
xii. MARY BLAKE, b. Abt. 1728, Winslow; d. 1729, Winslow.
12. xiii. MARY(4) BLAKE, b. 1729, Winslow.
13. xiv. FRANCIS(4) BLAKE, b. 1731, Winslow; d. Aft. 1801, ?London.
14. xv. EDWARD(4) BLAKE, b. 1733.
xvi. EDMUND BLAKE, b. 1734.
5. ELIZABETH(3) BLAKE (f: THOMAS2, gf. UNKNOWN 1) She married RICHARD BARTON August 11, 1701 in Horwood.
Children of ELIZABETH BLAKE and RICHARD BARTON are:
15. i. JOHN(4) BARTON.
ii. MARY BARTON.
16. iii. RICHARD(4) BARTON.
6. GEORGE(3) BLAKE (f. GEORGE2, gf. UNKNOWN 1) was born 1691 in Winslow. He married ANNE.
Child of GEORGE BLAKE and ANNE is:
i. MARY(4) BLAKE, b. 14 March 1721/22.
7. JOHN(3) BLAKE (f. GEORGE2, gf. UNKNOWN 1) was born 1695 in Winslow. He married JUDITH.
Children of JOHN BLAKE and JUDITH are:
17. i. JOHN(4) BLAKE, b. 1727.
ii. MARY BLAKE, b. 1729.
iii. JOANNA BLAKE, b. 1731.
iv. CATHERINE BLAKE, b. 1733.
8. THOMAS(4) BLAKE (f. THOMAS3, gf. THOMAS2, ggf. UNKNOWN1) was born 1715 in Winslow, and died 1784 in Winslow. He married ELIZABETH BRADBURY 11 June 1770 in Great Horwood, daughter of THOMAS BRADBURY and MARY WILLIAMS. She was born 1744 in Great Horwood, and died 1824.
Thomas Blake's name is one of those listed in the Winslow Enclosure Act of 1767 at which time Thomas owned 90 acres of freehold land in Winslow. He also owned property in Great Horwood where his Bradbury in-laws lived.
Thomas' marriage to Elizabeth Bradbury seems somewhat late for a first marriage. Possibly he was married before but presumably had no surviving children, although I have not found any records to support this theory.
Will made in 1780 and proven in 1784 names William Blake (brother) and Thomas Bradbury (brother-in-law) as executors.
Children of THOMAS BLAKE and ELIZABETH BRADBURY are:
18. i. MARY(5) BLAKE, b. 1771; d. 1810.
19. ii. ELIZABETH(5) BLAKE, b. 1774, Winslow; d. Aft. 1851.
9. ELIZABETH(4) BLAKE (f. THOMAS3, gf. THOMAS2, ggf. UNKNOWN1) was born 1716 in Winslow. She married ROBERT DANCER 1735 in Hoggeston. He was born 1715 in North Marston.
Child of ELIZABETH BLAKE and ROBERT DANCER is:
i. ROBERT(5) DANCER, b. 1738, North Marston.
10. ROBERT(4) BLAKE (f. THOMAS3, gf. THOMAS2, ggf. UNKNOWN1) was born 1723 in Winslow. He married (1) MARTHA SEIR by licence 23 February 1746/47. She was born 1727 in Adstock, and died 1764 in Winslow. He married (2) ANN CLEMENTS, widow, 1765. She was born in Adstock.
In the 1784 Poll Index for Buckinghamshire Robert is listed as the owner of a property in North Marston then occupied by a Robert Tattam.
Occupation: Baker. His premises were at 10 Horn Street. Styled as "farmer, deceased" in 1807.
Children of ROBERT BLAKE and MARTHA SEIR are:
i. ELIZABETH(5) BLAKE, b. 1751.
ii. THOMAS BLAKE, b. 1750. Yeoman, of Adstock. Held property in Horn Street, 1807-9.
20. iii. JOHN(5) BLAKE, b. 1754, Winslow; d. 1815, Winslow.
iv. MARTHA BLAKE, b. 1756, Winslow; d. 1757, Winslow.
v. GABRIEL BLAKE, b. 1757; d. Aft. 1797.
vi. GEORGE BLAKE, b. 1757, Winslow; d. 1757, Winslow.
vii. MARTHA BLAKE, b. 1758.
11. ANN(4) BLAKE (f. THOMAS3, gf. THOMAS2, ggf. UNKNOWN1) was born 1726. She married JOHN CARPENTER by licence 11 May 1754 in Swanbourne. She may be the Widow Carpenter of Winslow mentioned in the 1798 Posse Comitatus as owning 2 horses, 1 wagon and 1 cart.
Children of ANN BLAKE and JOHN CARPENTER are:
i. JOHN(5) CARPENTER, bp. June 1754, Swanbourne.
ii. WILLIAM CARPENTER, bp. 17 Nov. 1755, Swanbourne.
21. iii. GEORGE(5) CARPENTER, b. 1758, Swanbourne; d. 1795.
iv. ELIZABETH CARPENTER, b. 1761, Swanbourne; m. ELIAS SIMPSON; b. Kings Sutton.
22. v. ANN CARPENTER, b. 1763, Swanbourne; d. September 22, 1840, Kings Sutton.
vi. JOHN CARPENTER, b. 1765, Swanbourne.
vii. THOMAS CARPENTER, b. 1766, North Marston, bp. 29 Dec. 1766, Swanbourne.
viii. REBECCA CARPENTER, d. 1773, North Marston.
lots more on this site
Winslow History | Blake family
WILLIAM BLAKE, b. 1700. vi. JOANNA ... Gabriel and John Blake (sons of brother Robert Blake), ... In the Buckinghamshire Apprentice Index Robert Corbett,
Thank you so much for all the info. I now have a very good idea that I am on the right track. I do appreciate your time and trouble it is so kind of you.