Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mcgibbon family from antrim belfast

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

debbie

debbie Report 3 Aug 2014 13:38

hi
im trying to find mcgibbon famly from antrim belfast ,my partners father was called thomas joseph mcgibbon born around 1943 in antrim belfast also had a brother robert mcgibbon also known as bobby born around 1940s , they both came to leeds yorkshire in the 1960s i know of a marriage in leeds 1966 and one in burnley also where he died .but im looking for parents and other family members in antrim belfast i can't find a birth record anywhere and i don't know there mothers maiden name can anyone help please
regards debbie

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 3 Aug 2014 13:56

If you get a copy of the marriage cert, you will learn the name and occupation of the father of the groom

MCGIBBON THOMAS J — — 1982 Marriages & divorces Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire, England

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 3 Aug 2014 14:03

one post per topic, please, Debbie

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1343239

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 3 Aug 2014 14:05

Who registered the death?

MCGIBBON THOMAS JOSEPH 1943 1987 1987 Deaths & burials Burnley & Pendle, Lancashire, England

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 3 Aug 2014 14:08

Where have you been looking?

have you tried the following?

https://www.emeraldancestors.com/?gclid=CKnaqYGV978CFcrjwgodKUIA8A

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 3 Aug 2014 15:22

Hello Debbie and welcome to the Community boards.

I'll let Debbie know how to find her replies. :-)

debbie

debbie Report 3 Aug 2014 21:11

Thanks for replies , I've been looking everywhere on the internet for birth records of either Thomas or Robert that why I can get there mothers maiden name as it's there parents and siblings I'm looking for I think the only way I'm going to find out is to visit Antrim ?
Regards Debbie

debbie

debbie Report 3 Aug 2014 21:20

My partner also called Thomas knows of his father he lived with him until he passed away when my partner was only 11 years old he knows he as a brother somewhere in Leeds , Thomas's mother didn't really know much about his life when he lived in Ireland before she met him in burnley, Thomas's mother as also passed away now
Regards Debbie x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2014 12:41

Name: Thomas Joseph McGibbon
Birth Date: 11 Sep 1943
Date of Registration: Mar 1987
Age at Death: 43
Registration district: Burnley and Pendle
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 40
Page: 1281

Nisha

Nisha Report 14 Feb 2023 12:50

Hi I no this thread is a few years old but I showed this to my friend and it is her grandad Bobby you are looking for. I have his daughter Maureen’s number to pass on if you would like to contact her bobbys daughter Maureen

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Feb 2023 12:59

Welcome to the boards, Nisha.

Debbie won't be looking for replies here after so long.

Try clicking on her name in green at the top of one of her posts, and sending her a private message.

If she has kept GR updated with any change to her email address, she will receive notification and can then reply to you if she wishes.
Keep a lookout for an email notification from GR with a link to her reply

Of course there's no guarantee that she will receive or reply to your message.
Good luck!