Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sidney James Harvey born 1899

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nadine

Nadine Report 19 Oct 2014 13:57

Last heard of in London 1944. Does anyone know, as this person would now be deceased, is it possible to trace their date of death and place of death through, say National Insurance Contributions State Pension (I don't know their NI Number) or any other suggestions please? Have looked at Registered Deaths but no age matches.

Potty

Potty Report 19 Oct 2014 14:05

Where in London was he living in 1944?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Oct 2014 14:56

Unfortunately you aren't able to access pension or NI records, so that option is a dead end.

Don't forget that year of births are estimates - the earlier certs ask for the age. Estimates can be +/- 1 assuming the informant has the true details

The same applies when the date of birth is asked for - the informant could have it wrong, although that is normally the year.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2014 15:22

There are several deaths that could be him in various areas of the country

What are the circumstances of his last sighting ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2014 15:26

Is he one of these?

Births Sep 1899
Harvey Sidney James Camberwell 1d 828

Births Jun 1900
Harvey Sidney James Mile End

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2014 16:25

Just because it came up

British Army Service Records 1914-1920 Transcription
Print transcription View image Attach to tree
First name(s) Sydney James
Last name Harvey
Service number 2559393
Regiment London Regiment
Unit / Battalion 26th & 27th 2nd & 3rd Anti-Aircraft Defence Brigade Signal Company
Event year 1923
Age 23
Birth year 1899
Birth town Camberwell
Birth county Surrey
Birth country England
Residence town -
Residence county Surrey
Series WO 363
Record set British Army Service Records 1914-1920
Category Military, armed forces & conflict
Record collection First World War
Collections from Great Britain

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2014 16:27

Bear in mind too that any informant may have spelt his name as Sydney

Nadine

Nadine Report 20 Oct 2014 11:07

Hi all, Sidney (Sydney) James Harvey was born in Camberwell 28th June 1899. (parents Charles & Amy Lydia Harvey and I have his birth certificate). I have his war records. I don't believe he was ever divorced from my grandmother. He was visited at his address by my father in 1944 in Brook Green area in Hammersmith but was not in, when my father returned from service after WW2 he and a lady friend had moved away and nothing heard of him since. He was a carpenter/furniture maker and had owned a garage in the early 1930's.