Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Laura Ellen Brown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Treemadnancy

Treemadnancy Report 14 Feb 2015 20:08

Hi Guys! thanks for all the help I received from you regarding Laura Ellen Brown recently.. I finally purchased the marriage certificate and it told me she was indeed married before in 1902 to John Thomas Brown. On the marriage details it shows her to be widowed aged 37 and her father was Christopher Wells a tinsmith.. Still cant work out why she lied about her marital status on the 1911 census unless it was to cover up the fact she was pregnant with another mans child.. Where was her husband? there was a suggestion he was a casualty of war, but did that not start in 1914?? :-0 :-0

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 14 Feb 2015 20:17

Do you have another thread about Laura with dates and places please? No point in looking for information that has already been found.

Treemadnancy

Treemadnancy Report 14 Feb 2015 20:20

Hi Rootsgatherer

Yes, I had a thread going with Joseph Pinder!! regarding Laura Ellen Brown. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to add to that thread or make a different one

<3 <3

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 14 Feb 2015 20:21

Probably best to add to that if there is info about Laura on it :-)

Treemadnancy

Treemadnancy Report 14 Feb 2015 20:24

Oky doky sorry!! will remember next time... :-(

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 14 Feb 2015 20:25

No problem, no need to apologise :-)

Treemadnancy

Treemadnancy Report 14 Feb 2015 20:35

<3 <3

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 Feb 2015 22:48

This is the original thread, with background detail