Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

StMary's Ho. Southsea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheil

Sheil Report 9 Jan 2016 17:38

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. Can any one help please, I am trying to find out if St Mary's Ho.(not sure if Ho. is short for Home/House/ Hotel in Nightingale Road, Southsea, Hants was a nursing home in the 1940's. I am still looking for the DOD & place of my Great Great Grandmother & a few weeks ago came across a Mrs Mary Lee residing at St Mary's Ho. Nightingale Road, Southsea in the early 1940's. As she was born in 1865 she would be about 80's at the time. I do know one of her last photo's was of her in a wheelchair on a street in Portsmouth.

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jan 2016 17:53

No need to start a new thread Sheil, it will only mean people duplicating to try and help, especially as you have added the query to the original..

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1331866?page=2

Susan

Susan Report 19 Jan 2016 17:59

Can I help as live in that area
Regards Sue

Sheil

Sheil Report 21 Jan 2016 16:53

Hi Susan, Sorry for not getting back sooner but have just seen your message about you living in the Southsa area & may be able to help. If you look on my threads re: my Great Grandmother Mary Jane Lee who was born in 1865 & lived in Portsmouth most of her life I came across a place in Nightingale road , a St Mary's Ho. where a Mrs Mary Lee was listed as living in 1940's & wondered if that would have been a home or nursing home or hotel. I am looking for the DOD & place of my great-grandmother.