Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rowe Family from Mataura, NZ

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 30 Dec 2016 11:31

Hi I am looking for the family of Lindsay Frederick Rowe 1906-1989 and his wife Christina Gilmore, and in particular their daughter Rata who would have been born 1931-36. The parents married in 1931. Cannot find in trhe BDM historical indexes the birth of Rata or the marriage, from where i can trace her family with her married name. Her brother Rex has his birth and death records, but she has eluded me .Many thanks.

Maddie

Maddie Report 30 Dec 2016 12:08

annie christina ( Bell) rowe
loved wife of Linsey and mother of Rita and Rex. 1912 - 1989
Also the above Lindsay Frederick Rowe 1906 - 1989
Annie Christina Rowe

in the New Zealand, Cemetery Records, 1800-2007
Record Image View

Report issue

Name: Annie Christina Rowe
Birth Date: 1912
Death Age: 70
Death Date: 1982
Death Place: Eastern Southland, New Zealand
Burial Place: Southland, New Zealand
Cemetery: Gore
Spouse Name: Lindsay Frederick Rowe
Spouse Death Age: 82
Spouse Death Date: 1989

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 30 Dec 2016 12:21

Thank you Maddie, i have managed to find those earlier today. Annie Christina Bell is listed as Annie Christina Glimore on another cemetery site or headstone, so she may have married before and Rata may be a child from that relationship, the reason why i cannot find her with that surname. You may have solved the problem with the different name there! Thanks Kellygirl

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 30 Dec 2016 12:38

On her marriage to Lindsay Rowe in 1931 it has her name as Annie Christina Gilmour

Maddie

Maddie Report 30 Dec 2016 12:44

Annie Christina Gilmour

in the New Zealand, Birth Index, 1840-1950

Name: Annie Christina Gilmour
Birth Date: Oct-Nov-Dec 1912
Registration Place: Mataura, Southland, New Zealand
Folio Number: 6507

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 30 Dec 2016 12:52

yes that's her, parents Rachel Nicholson and james Steven Gilmour

Maddie

Maddie Report 30 Dec 2016 13:30

I wonder why on the burial record the name Bell is in bracketts.She would have only been 19 when she married Lindsey unless Reta was born before the marriage but i can't find anything.

kellygirl

kellygirl Report 11 Jan 2017 10:30

Her daughter was Rata and i am yet to find anything on her birth, marriage etc, it was not a common name back then so would have easily stood out.