Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding ANY info on illusive family memebers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kala

Kala Report 27 Jan 2017 21:17

I'm struggling to track down a death certificate for a husband and wife, Charles Nilsson (b. About 1858 in Sweden) and his wife Catherine Fellows (b. About 1868) in Yorkshire. I have no idea when Charles came to the UK or if he came alone or with family and I'm struggling to find ANY info on him at all really. I have the 1891,1901 & 1910 census. His wife is abscent from the 1910 census and a housekeeper named Catherine takes her place. He is listed as having had 7 children born alive but only 4 still living in 1910. I have the names of all his children but again struggle with finding birth/death/marriage records for them. Ill list their names below. I don't know if possible the spelling of their surname changed over the years to a more phonetically spelling, possibly Neilson instead of Nilsson? I just don't know. I know that Charles' father was called John but that's it. I'd really really love to learn more about the Swedish side of my family so any help would be MASSIVLY appreciated.

:-)

greyghost

greyghost Report 27 Jan 2017 21:20

Lots of answers on your other thread Kelsey which you have returned to. Best to keep to one thread about the same family to save members from duplicating information. Just add your further request about the same people/family there.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1364462

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 27 Jan 2017 21:41

Have added a couple of items to above...

(adding apologies as just leaving!)

Chris :)