Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free access

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Choccy

Choccy Report 12 Apr 2017 10:56

Just seen this on another site -

Ancestry UK

FREE* Access to millions more records including:

Australia Electoral Rolls
from 1903-1980.

Canadian Census records
Find family among the 8.8 million records listed during the 1921 Census.

New Zealand Birth Index
Trace your roots as far back as 1840 and even request a copy of the original records.

*Access to the records in the featured collections will start on
14 April until 17 April, 2017 at 23:59 BST

After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk Worldwide paid membership

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 12 Apr 2017 11:51

Just to add to this - if you access any images, download them and save to your computer. That way they will always be available to view.

I remember when I first joined Ancestry on a reduced price offer, I did not download the images; I just linked them to my tree in Ancestry. When my subscription ended I let it lapse as it was no longer on offer. Even though I had actually paid for all the censuses etc, I could not view them until I renewed my subscription.

So even to this day, if it's important to me, I download it.

Jude