Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems with Ancestry today.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 May 2017 11:31

If anyones having trouble viewing images today (I certainly am) then message from Ancestry

Note: >You may be experiencing some intermittent problems with images on our site. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Andy

Maddie

Maddie Report 17 May 2017 11:34

yup :-(

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 May 2017 17:03

Can I tag onto your question?

Can anyone access this page?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=70766

(Even if you don't have worldwide, you should still get the search page, I think.)

All I get is a message saying

'The search request could not be completed because insufficient information was provided to Ancestry.co.uk. If the search request originated from another web site, please contact that site's administrator to resolve the problem.'

Well of course I did that. And dear old Ancestry absolutely needs to know what browser I am using. And of course I get the same message using Firefox and IE, and using .co.uk, .com, .ca, or .com.au.

Morons. I have suggested that THEY try accessing the @#$% page before repeating their demand to know what browser I am using when I had already told them that I am not using a browser that is capable of generating Ancestry messages.

If anybody manages to access that page -- the search page for The Montreal, Canada, non-Catholic Burial Index, 1767-1899 -- let me know! :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 May 2017 17:05

Oops, forgot. Yes, I am getting the

'Oops, we hit a snag'

message from Ancestry when I try to view an image.

Undoubtedly it is because I am using the wrong browser!! :-| :-P :-S

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 May 2017 17:08

Oops! That one was a fluke. All images are loading for me now. Problem must have been fixed.

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 May 2017 17:20

I can't access that page either

Andy

Dea

Dea Report 17 May 2017 19:00

No joy here either Joonie although it seems that you can get it now !!!

Dea x

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 May 2017 21:10

No Dea, not the page with the stupid message, just the images that Andrew recently posted about.

I've poked Ancestry about the page problem, still no joy.

It's absolutely amazing that they would send me this:

* We can understand your frustration with this issue. We have looked over your original request, and stand by the response that was issued as the answer to the questions we asked are key in being able to figure out exactly the problem that you are experiencing. We need to know what browser you were using as well as the process that you went through to get to the link that you sent us in your original e-mail. If you need the link again, it is provided below: ...

when they could not possibly have tried the link themselves!

Then they went on to say that my email address was associated with a 'guest account' when I am paid up for the next year ...

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 19 May 2017 03:10

for the amusement of anyone following, this was the next reply I got from Ancestry

* Thank you for contacting Ancestry in regard to your search. We are sorry for the frustration you have experienced.

* The link you have provided brings us to a page that lets us know that your search did not contain enough information to bring up any search results. That is all we can see from our end. Please adjust your search by adding more specific information or possibly less information that will lead to a broader result. We have included some tips below. We hope you have a great day!

Astounding. These people actually work for Ancestry. My next reply expressed my astonishment and ... other expressions of frustration.

I then tried the link again. It then said, in big black letters:

* We’re sorry, this page is no longer available.

... but now I try it again, and it is back to saying

* The search request could not be completed because insufficient information was provided to Ancestry.co.uk. If the search request originated from another web site, please contact that site's administrator to resolve the problem.

Yes, I tried to search a database I can't access, and it's all my fault.