Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photo of Hunter Armstrong Newbiggin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vivien

Vivien Report 23 Jun 2017 21:41

On Ebay there is lovely photo of the above. With wife Ann Mary Robson and son Thomas Hunter Robson http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WW1-WWI-soldier-Hunter-Armstrong-RFA-family-Newbiggin-Newcastle-/263047477790?hash=item3d3ed9fa1e:g:CJUAAOSwd~RZOzPH

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Jun 2017 00:22

His service record is on Findmypast. He had another son called Albert who died aged 2 after having an operation for a cleft palate.

When he signed up he was a skilled quarryman. He served in France and was awarded the Military Medal for bravery in the field.

Kath. x

patchem

patchem Report 24 Jun 2017 06:34

If you hope that a family member will bid for the photo, you would be best to send a pm to anyone who has him in their tree on here.

Vivien

Vivien Report 24 Jun 2017 09:40

There are lots of people on this page with the name Hunter Armstrong in their trees. The photo is not mine, I saw it as my dad comes from Newbiggin and I know that nearly all the Armstrongs there are related one way or another. Its quite a large photo. Should be with a descendant. I have also put it on a Newbiggin remembered page on Facebook. Just trying to get the photo "home".

malyon

malyon Report 24 Jun 2017 11:34

you could add it to Military Chat board

patchem

patchem Report 24 Jun 2017 13:40

Unfortunately, most, if not all, of the people with Hunter Armstrong in their trees will not read this page, and not within the time-frame of the auction, so the only way to be sure is to individually email them.

Maddie

Maddie Report 24 Jun 2017 14:29

there is a tree on ancestry, have sent them a message

Vivien

Vivien Report 24 Jun 2017 14:37

Thank you Maddie, I did send a couple of messages on here but never know if accounts are active.

greyghost

greyghost Report 11 Jul 2017 09:20

More answers on Military Chat thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1366849

Ru

Ru Report 11 Jul 2017 11:38

Try the local Newbiggin newspapers. they may be interested - best way to get a viewing!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 11 Jul 2017 17:11

If someone is advised to post on a different board then they should also be advised to give a link to the existing thread, so people aren't drawn into doing work that has already been done.