Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lovatt Street, Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 13 Feb 2022 23:43

I have 80 Lovatt Street, West Derby, given as the address of my ancester on his marriage certificate in 1874 but when I do an address search on findmypast I get no results for Lovatt Street.
His wife's address was given as 86 Lovatt Street.
Any ideas??

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 Feb 2022 00:32

https://historic-liverpool.co.uk/old-maps-of-liverpool

it listed under Liverpool, as opposed to West Derby..

and called Lovat Street with one T.

Newpaper extract to show it did exist .

. MESSUAGES . thereon, divided into 22 Tenements, and numbered from 36 to 78 inclusive, on the south side of Lovat-street, Edgehill, in Liverpool, and forming a Terrace called " Lovat-terrace," containing in front 153 feet 9 inches, and in the whole 676
27 May 1867 - Unknown - Unknown

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 14 Feb 2022 01:31

Have sent you images for no 80 & no 86 Lovat St in 1871, as on tablet and can't c & p transcript.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 14 Feb 2022 22:54

Thanks for the info, and apologies for the late reply.