Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joseph Gilliver 1680 Cliffton Campville

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 4 Jul 2022 18:12

I am now up against a stumbling block I have Joseph The son. Born born 1680. I have reason to belive that he may have had other siblings, as there is a family of Gillivers living in Litchfield and I can't find a link to the father who I am only presuming is a brother of Joseph. If it helps any Joseph's father was Amos Gilliver b 25th Feb 1644, his mother was Pricilla Bland b 5th March 1634. Hope someone can help me that this is as far back as I can get my Tree. Any help would be very usefull. Thanks
Paul

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 Jul 2022 18:20

Welcome to the boards.

Once you get that far back it is very difficult to trace family. Many people can’t get that far back.

You need to think of manorial records, hearth/window taxes where appropriate, militia records (muster rolls) and old wills.