Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 register FMP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylann

Sylann Report 22 Nov 2022 16:28

Hi
I have the 1939 register Birmingham for John F Dolphin 27 June 1895 , his wife Christine Dolphin 16 April 1895. then a blanked out one then a George W Short 26 april 1917. I'm on ancestry just wondering if FMP has the full transcript of it I know they had a son Graham John Dolphin 1917 Ashton wondering if the blanked out one is Graham??

Thank you

greyghost

greyghost Report 22 Nov 2022 16:36

This from FMP -looking at original, there's nothing peeking out from behind the thick black line to give any clues.

If you have the death certificate for Graham you can send it in and if it is him, they would open the closed record

John F was written originally, at some point in green pen has been written in Frederick John and Christine may have been changed to ChristinA, probably at the same time as the WIGHT was added as they are both in red (no date in margin)

John F (Frederick) Dolphin in 1939
1939 Register
142 Burbury Street, Birmingham, Birmingham C.B., Warwickshire, England

First name(s) Last name(s) Birth date Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule sub number
John F (Frederick) Dolphin 27 Jun 1895 Male Centre Lathe Turner Married 42 1
Christine (Wight) Dolphin 16 Apr 1895 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 42 2
The record for this person is officially closed.
George W Short 26 Sep 1917 Male Machine Metal Polisher Single 42 4

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2022 16:43

Someone born in 1917 should not now be blanked

Perhaps he was in the forces?

EDIT

The birth was qtr 4 1918 in Aston - not quite as OP states

There was a daughter Christina born in 1933………..

Sylann

Sylann Report 22 Nov 2022 16:54

Thank you I've got all that just thought .. had another .. the blanked one would have been Their daughter Christina , he could as you say be fighting or may be married

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Nov 2022 17:09

I’m not sure about fighting that early, but anyone in barracks would not appear on the list.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2022 17:17

He married in 1946 - died in 2000