Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marion Elmira Christian

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 13 Jul 2023 21:58

I am trying to confirm the death date of the above lady. According to all the records I have managed to find she was b 13 May 1891 and d 25 Jun 1984 in New Zealand. I have been informed that she died prior to 1948 in New Zealand. I would like to put the problem to rest as it keeps nagging at me as it is possible someone mistakenly put 1984 instead of 1948.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jul 2023 22:06

Which websites have you used to look for info?

Have you checked back with your informant?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 13 Jul 2023 22:37

Global web icon
wikidata.org
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q75475083
Marian Elmira Christian - Wikidata
WebMarian Elmira Christian (Q75475083) From Wikidata. Jump to navigation Jump to search (1891-1984) edit. Language Label Description Also known as; English: Marian Elmira …

EXPLORE 4 RELATED PAGES
Marian Elmira CHRISTIAN : Family tree by Sir Norman GRAY (orions8 ...
Discover the family tree of Marian Elmira CHRISTIAN for free, and learn about their family history and their ancestry..

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Jul 2023 22:38

Try this website -https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz

There are restrictions on searches ie, births over 100 years ago, marriages 75 and deaths 50

Is Christian the surname she was born with and died with or was there a marriage?

Not seeing a birth under the name you give 1891 +/- 10 years nor a death up to 14/7/1948

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Jul 2023 22:40

From google -

https://www.geneagraphie.com/familygroup.php?familyID=F36812&tree=1

Female
Marian Elmira Christian

Birth 13 May 1891 Pitcairn, Pitcairn Islands, British Oversea Territory Find all individuals with events at this location
Death 25 Jun 1984 New Zealand Find all individuals with events at this location
Burial
Father Edward Christian | F36773 Group Sheet
Mother Margaret Lucy Young | F36773 Group Sheet

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Jul 2023 22:46

Again from google -

https://www.thepeerage.com/p16485.htm
Marian Elmira Christian1

F, #164843, b. 13 May 1891, d. 25 June 1984
Last Edited=16 Apr 2006
Consanguinity Index=4.49%
Marian Elmira Christian was born on 13 May 1891 at Pitcairn IslandG.1 She was the daughter of Edward Christian and Margaret Lucy Young.1 She married Norris Henry Young, son of Bert James Christian and Margaret Augusta Young, in January 1910 at Pitcairn IslandG.1 She died on 25 June 1984 at age 93 at New ZealandG.1
Marian Elmira Christian also went by the nick-name of Myra. From January 1910, her married name became Young.1
Children of Marian Elmira Christian and Norris Henry Young

Henry Hugh Young+1 b. 17 Jan 1909, d. 13 Jun 1985
Everett Carlyle Young1 b. 3 Jun 1910
Citations

David

David Report 14 Jul 2023 11:55

Thank you for your replies. My informant is my wife Glenda Linda Young, Marion Elmira`s granddaughter. She was born on Pitcairn and left to marry me the year before her grandfather died on Pitcairn. Whenever she and her siblings asked about their grandmother they were told that she died before their parents were married in New Zealand. After my wife left Pitcairn, the rest of her family all moved to New Zealand and her siblings still never met their grandmother. My wife`s mum used to go dancing and to the cinema with Marion but she lost contact before she married Henry Young. She was informed that Marion had died of cancer. We are now assuming that her grandparents had seperated and nobody wanted to talk about it.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jul 2023 12:10

Her grandfather appears to have had three wives, so your assumption may well be correct.

Norris Henry Young
in the Geneanet Community Trees Index
Name Norris Henry Young
Gender M (Male)
Birth Date 15 août 1887 (15 Aug 1887)
Birth Place Pitcairn Island
Death Date 10 févr. 1974 (10 Feb 1974)
Death Place Pitcairn Island
Father: Bert James Christian
Mother : Margaret Augusta Young

Spouse:
Millie Flora Coffin [ 1907-2001 ]
Marian Elmira Christian [1891 - 1984 ]
Elenor Warren

Child :
Watson Rhodes Coffin
Everett Carlyle Young
Henry Hugh Young

David

David Report 17 Jul 2023 22:50

Hello greyghost, Marion Elmira Christian married name was Young. She married Norris Henry Young on Pitcairn in 1910. My wife remembers her ashes being kept in a wooden box in her fathers wardrobe. The ashes were interned with the body of Margaret Lucy Young nee Christian when she died on Pitcairn in 1958. Margaret Lucy was Margaret Elmira`s mother.