Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1921 census Look-up Thompson Family Leicester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 8 Sep 2023 07:36

I would really appreciate it if someone could please look up the following family in the 1921 census.

William Thompson (1873 St Helen Auckland / Bishop Auckland Durham) married Kate Clarke (1872 Oakham, Rutland) in 1895 in Oakham.

Children
Thomas Thompson (1896 Oakham)
Joseph Thompson (1898 Blackburn Lancashire)
Frederick Thompson (1902 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire)
William Thompson (1903 Oakham)

In 1911 William was working away from the family as a groom at Stoughton Grange, a Mansion near Leicester. Kate Thompson and the children were all living at 30 Rodney Street in the Wharf Street area of Leicester.

Rodney Street was William's home address during his service in WW1 so they may still be there in 1921. It would be interesting to see what work the children were doing and whether William continued his work as a groom.

Thanks in anticipation Rich

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Sep 2023 07:58

William is now a general labourer

1921 Census Of England & Wales
111, Deaman Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, England
Household members (5 people)

First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Sex Birth year Age in years Birth place Occupation Employer
William Thompson Head Male 1873 48 Bishop Auckland, Durham, England General Labourer A Hunt Bakery
Kate Thompson Wife Female 1872 48 Oakham, Rutland, England Home Duties -
Thomas Thompson Son Male 1896 25 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England General Labourer British United ?shoe Machinery
Fredrick Thompson Son Male 1901 19 Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, England Shoe Hand Finisher Soon Smith Shoe Manufacturer
William Thompson Son Male 1903 17 Oakham, Rutland, England Shoe Hand Gasker

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Sep 2023 08:02

Still at the same address in 1939 and is now a groom again

1939 Register
111 Denman Street, Leicester, Leicester C.B., Leicestershire, England

First name(s) Last name(s) Birth date Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule sub number
William Thompson 18 May 1873 Male Groom Married 317 1
Kate Thompson 08 May 1872 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 317 2

Richard

Richard Report 8 Sep 2023 08:26

Thanks a lot