Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Madonna Simmonds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madonna

Madonna Report 17 Oct 2005 01:55

I am currently looking for any info on Samuel Soper, who is my great-great grandfather, originally from England and came to the island of Newfoundland in the 1800's. He was a doctor and his daughter, Elizabeth, is my paternal great grandmother. Any one knowing anything about this family name of Soper could you please contact me at [email protected]

Alison

Alison Report 8 May 2008 11:20

Hi Madonna,
My husbands family came from Cubert, Cornwall. William Davis Soper left for Australia in 1857. WD Soper was the son of William and Betsy Soper. This william had a sister Elizabeth. I have no dates of birth for them sorry. However William(married to Betsy) was the son of another William who married Elizabeth Davies on 3/10/1800. I can go back further to John Soper m Elizabeth May and his father John m Joan. tricky to follow and they are not all on my tree yet. But if that is of any use to you I would be happy to share. WD and Hannah Soper had 3 daughters and 13 sons and lived in New Zealand in the gold rush days. My husband is descended from those prolific childbearers.
Ali

Joanne

Joanne Report 12 Nov 2008 09:45

I'm not sure if this is the same Samuel Soper:

Name:SOPER Samuel
School:Garston
Register Number:12
Admission Date:1882
Parent / Guardian:William Soper
Comment:Further information in full admission record
Further enquiries to:Southland Branch - NZSG

Date:1895
Folio:0901
Spouse:GIBSON

Date:14 Nov 1942
Cemetery:Athol
Section:II
Plot:140 and 141
Source:Cemetery register
Further enquiries to:Southland Branch - NZSG

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Nov 2008 10:50

Madonna posted three years ago!! you could try making contact by clicking on her name to send a message via GR