Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joanne Green

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 24 Jul 2006 09:35

Hi can anyone out there please help me.. I have hit so any brick walls that I have a peranent bump on my head.. I am trying to find information on SYLVIA JOAN SMITH-COCKERHAM she was an assistant chemist in Grimsby in about 1964. I don`t know if she was an assistant in a chemist shop or an actual chemist. I just cannot find anyone with this surname. Please help....

clh

clh Report 13 Nov 2013 21:37

Hi joanne.....my name is charlotte I am also looking for sylvia joan smith cockerham. ..and I also know I can't find her anywhere. I was adopted in 1966 in Grimsby and I have my original birth certificate. .it sais on there an assistant chemist well only on social services paper work, also sylvia had 3 other children apart from me and I'm hoping annd preying one of them is you . Charlotte

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 13 Nov 2013 21:39

Hello Charlotte, it's over 7 years since Joanne posted so she quite possibly won't see your reply.

You could try clicking on her name to send a direct message.

Good luck.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2013 21:40

Charlotte, as Joanne posted this over 7 years ago it's unlikely she will see your reply.
I would try sending a message to her by clicking on her name - if genes have her current email address she will be notified.
Good luck!
Jan

jax

jax Report 13 Nov 2013 22:06

I have already advised Charlotte to click on her name on her thread on Living relatives

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2013 22:09

Charlotte, I can see a birth for a sibling Grimsby 1962 - are you aware of the name?
If you haven't already, I would advise you to put your name on the national adoption contact register, in case your birth family are on there, or do so in the future.
Jan