Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alexander Banyard

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alexander

Alexander Report 26 Jun 2003 08:15

My father Ian Michael Louis Banyard has done a lot of research into the history of the name Banyard. It came over with William the Conqueror in 1066. His right hand man was "Le Chavalier Bayard". Well known by all French history scholars. The name was originally German "Baignard" meaning living near the Roman baths. The family had estates in Norfolk until we got caught plotting the overthrow of King Henry 1st (or could be 2nd) and then we were defrocked of our estates. For any further information contact me Alexander Bavid Banyard nee 1952.

David

David Report 25 Nov 2012 11:01

Hi Alexander,

I am trying to help my friend in Canada, Robert Banyard, trace his family back to England. We have very little evidence but we believe that he may descend from the Banyard family of East Dereham, Norfolk.

Do your Banyards come from this area? Have you ever had a DNA test done?

Thanks!
David

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Nov 2012 11:10

Hello David and welcome to the boards

Unfortunately, Alexander posted in 26 Jun 2003, and is unlikley to check this thread.
You could send him a personal message by clicking on his name. If he still has the same email address, GR will notify him that there is a message waiting on the site.

Good luck in your research