Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gormley that came to Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robin

Robin Report 5 May 2006 15:16

Hi everyone;
I am looking for any info on my grandma's father:
William John Gormley he was born in Summerside, Prince Edward Island and he died in 1922 he married a Annie May Bryne she was also born in Prince Edward Island in 1884 she died in Bashaw, Alberta, Canada in 1965
they had the following children:
Kay
Lawrence John
Leo William
Alyce Mary (my grandmother) ( she is no longer living)
If there is anyone that can help that would be wonderfull. I have a possible lead that William John Gormley but he is 5 yrs old in the Prince Edward Island records....
Help!!!!
Thanks
Robin (rt50@hotmail.com)

Claire

Claire Report 21 Dec 2012 02:10

William John is a re-occuring family name in my family tree. Do you know any further details to see if their is a link?

jax

jax Report 21 Dec 2012 02:28

Hi claire

Robin posted this over 6 years ago, he has no posts by his name so may no longer be a member

You could try to contact him by clicking on his name.if his email address is still the same he will be notified

Dopeydoc

Dopeydoc Report 23 Dec 2012 15:20

Hello Have you tried contacting CANADIAN ARCHIVES they were very helpfull to me,

also, http: //acanadianfamily.com / leave a message

Good Luck

dopeydoc

jax

jax Report 23 Dec 2012 15:42

Dopeydoc

Did you actually read my last post?