Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Henderson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2005 14:09

I am attempting to locate any surviving realatives of Robert Henderson , born 1859 /60in Gateshead , Durham , England. His ocupation was Steam Engine Fitter ,he was married to Jane Johnson , born 1862 , from Lancashire . There were 5 sons , Joe,George,Thomas,Harry + John . John Henderson may have been known as Jack , in the mid 1940's he was a Police Officer in Humbermouth, Bay of Islands, New Foundland, Canada. Joe Henderson was my Grandfather ,. In a letter from Jack / John dated June 1948 to my Grandfather Joe he tells of 5 children, Duncan,Barbra,Pauline,Thelma + John . I would imagine the last 5 named children to have lived in New Foundland , Canada . I think Roberts father was George Henderson, Railway Plate Layer married to Ann Newton, from Wickham / Dunston/ Durham. In the late 1960's my Father Leonard Henderson gave a cousin of his a large family bible to have rebound . The bible is of no monetary value , but it had a list of family members on the Henderson side , going back about 250 years . The cousin my Father gave the bible to was a lady called Evelyn Brabner born 1885 in Scotland . In the 1960's Evelyn lived in the Garston Area of Liverpool , if you know any of the relatives please let me know . yours sincerly , Steve Henderson .