Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Merriman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alieda

Alieda Report 14 Oct 2004 14:10

I am trying to find any members of the merriman family that lived in the westmidlands area,worcestershire,herefordshire,gloucestershire,wales and the forest of dean. specialy my grand fathers brothers and sisters which would have been born between 1872 and 1910. I know of a sister that was born in Mitcheldean. His father lived in Hanley Castle. can anyone help?

Barbara Ellen

Barbara Ellen Report 8 Sep 2007 15:57

MY MOTHER'S FAMILY WERE MERRIMAN FROM GRIMSBY. HER GRANDFATHER WAS BORN IN NOTTINGHAM TO JOHN MERRIMAN 1829 CASTLE DONINGTON LEICESTER AND ELIZA ELEY 1840. DOES THIS FIT WITH YOUR FAMILY.

Barbara

Barbara Report 30 Sep 2007 10:12

Hi

My grandmother was named Mary Elizabeth Merriman and was born in Birmingham around 1880. She had two sisters that I am aware of - Emily and Rose (who worked as a school cook and died in a Josiah Mason's cottage in Birmimgham). There was a brother Gilbert who died of TB at the age of 21. Most of the family, except my grandmother, were placed in the Princess Alice Orphanage prior to their father re-marrying. My grandmother died in 1947. Her daughterm my mother, Lilian Merriman married in 1940 to Ruper Stanley Parker from Nottingham - he died in 1957. My mother died in 1992 in Bristol.

Barbara Ellen

Barbara Ellen Report 6 Mar 2009 10:29

To the kind person who's grandm;other is Mary Elizabeth Merriman. Big apologies - I've been trying to answer you all this time by trying the add button!!! I''m very slow to grasp and equally slow to dare to try another button as I usually get lost! So sorry to be so very late. I don't think we are connected. John's son goes to Grimsby and everyone from there stayed for the most part. Why he came to this aunt and how she was connected I don't know - she had a boarding house in Flower or Dial Square we're told. There's two censuses I have on John with his family in 1841 and with his sister in 1871 just prior to his ,marriage there. There's no other facts I can definately tie into this picture yet.
Thanks again
Barbara

DM

DM Report 31 Mar 2013 23:32

Not sure if you're still watching this thread? If you are please drop me a message, by reply to this or as a PM. I have a lot of Merriman information and most started llife in Warwickshire, Staffs, Worcester, West Midlands (birmingham) and the like.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Apr 2013 00:02

best click on the poster's name to try and send a message via GR Daniel - unlikely they will be looking for this now

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Apr 2013 09:54

Alieda has not returned to this NINE year old posting.

Please don't keep dredging up ancient posts....................use the PM system