Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find HEffernan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paulette

Paulette Report 16 Jul 2004 13:30

Im looking for descendents of my grandfathers brothers and sisters. My grandfather was Michael Heffernan born July 1909 in Cussan, baptziedWindgap, Kilkenny Ireland. All we knew about him was that he came from Kilkenny and ran away to join the circus. He said he had a sister who married a boxer and went to live in Twickenham. We recently found the names of 2 brothers and 4 sisters. Catherine born 1898 Mullinavat, Waterford Patrick born 1899 Died 1917 Mary born 1903 born Cussan Kiklenny named Mollie in 1911 census Margarat b 20/7/1912 Cussan Thomas b 1906 Cussan Kilkenny Anna Mary born 1914 possible Cussan There was one child which died There could be another brother name James and possibly more siblings. There Parents were Michael Heffernan born 1863 Windgap Co Kilkenny Mary Byran ( O,brien ) born 1877 England father William born Tipperary. Recently found out they came from Cussane Lodge. Carrick-on-suir, Co Tipperary. Which is now in Kilkenny They married 14/10/1897 Mullinavatt Wateford His father was Patrick Heffernan born around 1830's. Any information on Patrick would be most welcome. We now believe Michaels father Patrick Heffernan married Catherine Smith There children were John b 1857, Jmaes 1859, Mary 1861, Anastasia 1865, Bridget 1866, Pat 1868, Thomas 1870 and Simon 1871. But epecially looks for living day descendents of Michaels brother and sister. Information on Mary above born 1903. Information on Anna Mary Heffernan. Anna married Thomas PHillips b 1910 at St James Catholic Church,Brentford,and live in Colne Rd Twickenham. They had one child Maureen Phillips b 1935,baptized st james,then living at 2 o3 gardfied rd,twickenham, Thomas was a railway worker and possibly a boxer. Looking for living day descendents and information on any of the above, ANy information most welcomed

Robin

Robin Report 17 Sep 2007 02:15

I have a Catherine Heffernan born abt 1813 in Ireland was married to my Great Grandfather abt 1835

Robin

Paulette

Paulette Report 30 Dec 2012 21:16

Have now found all the brothers and sister of my grandfather and there descendents.
But looking still for for Catherine daughter, Eliza Heffernan child. He was a male Heffernan born between 1942 and 1950, possibly Ireland, near Thomastown Kilkenny, Carrick on Suir Tipperary or could be Wales or nr Twickenham.
He was taken from his mother after birth as it was run by nuns so his birth may not even be registerd and possible adopted. His mother was also known as Lily.
All info welcomed.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Dec 2012 21:18

Hi Paulette - if it's living people you are looking for, best to post on Find Living Relatives instead