Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Matthews

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shelley

Shelley Report 12 Apr 2004 23:22

Researching family tree - trying to trace ancestors/descendents of James Edward Matthews my great-grandfather. His daughter Elizabeth Ann (my grandmother) was born 3 Trafalgar Row, Harraton Rd, Chester-Le-Street, Co Durham 1907. She then moved to Norfolk after meeting Fred Mickleburgh. Other children of James include Clare (married Ron Hand & lived in Stoke On Trent), Joe, Charlie (married Shirley, children include Linda & Jean. Lived in Surrey/London), Billy (moved to Scotland), Jim (married to Nelly). My nan had an 'Aunt Jane' who moved to Easington Colliery although she could have been on James' wife's side of the family. When my nan was born James was married to Eve Jackson but she passed away circa 1914 and he later re-married in 1915 to Mary Jane Cecilia Bews. I would be grateful for any information on any of the above mentioned as I am researching my family tree but would dearly love to make contact with any living relatives out there.