Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rowe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penelope

Penelope Report 12 Apr 2004 21:29

I am trying to trace early family of Charles Rowe. I know he came from Foey in Cornwall. He was a confectioner/baker and used to do beautiful iced cakes. He was my grandfather and he went to Portugal to start a bakery business. It was successful until his partner took all the money and disappeared. My mother (Gwendoline Hazel Harlie Rowe ) was born out there but when the money was stolen they had to come back to England and settled in Tranmere in Birkenhead where my Grandfather started another little shop and made cornish pasties. He died in his late eighties about forty years ago.His wife was Ellen Mary (nee Clinch) and as well as my mother they had a son called Douglas.If anyone recognises any of these names please make contact. Thankyou