Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wilkes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 12 Apr 2004 20:03

I am looking to contact any descendants of the Wilkes Family from Mitcham in Surrey. My Great-Grandfather was Called George Robert Wilkes he was born in 1913 in Mitcham. His father was called Reuben Wilkes he married Anne Cornish in 1879 Mitcham. Reuben's Father was Called William Ernest Wilkes he married an Ann Stevens also from Mitcham. I have looked on the 1881 and 1891 census and the Family are residing at Bath Road in Mitcham. The family owned a Fish and Chip shop in Western Road, Mitcham.