Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Hughes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karan

Karan Report 20 Jan 2003 23:30

KARAN HUGHES - My birth name was Karan (or Karen) Hughes and I was born on the 18th of June 1964 in the St. James South area of Leeds. My birth mother was, at the time called Margaret Hughes and married to a Kenneth Hughes of Morley, they had a daughter who was 2 and a half at the time of my birth. After a family row one night, my mother boarded a train for London where she lodged with the family of William Fielding who was a painter and decorator. I was concieved after a brief relationship with William - it is doubtful if he ever knew that Margaret was pregnant. She moved back to Beeston where she had been raised by her Father, her Mother died when she was young, and I believe that for a time she lived with her brother. She kept in close contact with my half-sister who, I understand was being raised by her Paternal Grandmother at this time. I was born in what I believe was a Salvation Army Hostel in the Bramley area. It was fron here that my adoptive parents, Margaret and Bernard Welch, from Hoyland in Barnsley fostered me. I was finally adopted on the 14th February 1965 at Barnsley Magistrates Court. I would love to find either my Mother, my half-sister of my Father or hear from anyone who can help me to piece together my life. I realise that I may be a carefully kept secret, and I do'nt want to cause any pain to anyone, I would just like to say hello and ask Why? Please call at any time on 01526 323887. My adoptive name is Catherine.