Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861/71 Look up please Gaunt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 8 May 2007 08:48

Could someone please look for Robert Gaunt born c1800 Derbyshire (Heanor) and wife Elizabeth born c1788. They were living in Belper in 1851. Thank you Christine

Georgina

Georgina Report 8 May 2007 09:13

I cant see them in 1861, there are possible deaths... Deaths Dec 1859 (>99%) Gaunt Elizabeth Belper 7b 301 Deaths Sep 1857 (>99%) Gaunt Elizabeth Belper 7b 267 Deaths Sep 1854 (>99%) Gaunt Elizabeth Belper 7b 263 Deaths Mar 1851 (96%) GAUNT Robert Belper 19 * Deaths Sep 1852 (>99%) Gaunt Robert Belper 7b 285 Georgina.

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 8 May 2007 09:25

Thank you very much for looking. Christine

Whitenancy

Whitenancy Report 8 May 2007 09:26

FOUND THEM IN 1841 BUT CANT FIND THEM IN 1861/71 Name: Robert Gaunt Age: 35 Estimated birth year: abt 1806 Gender: Male Where born: Derbyshire, England Civil parish: Duffield Hundred: Appletree County/Island: Derbyshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Belper Sub-registration district: Belper Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Gaunt 50 Elizabeth Gaunt 14 Joseph Gaunt 15 Phoebe Gaunt 8 Robert Gaunt 35 Robert Gaunt 12 Sarah Gaunt 10 William Milward 20

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 8 May 2007 09:49

Thank you, I had that one and 1851. I think that Elizabeth was previously Millward and had been married before, need to check things out more. Christine

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 May 2007 11:29

The BVRI discs have a marriage of Robert Gaunt and Elizabeth Milward 3 Nov.1823, Heanor, Derbyshire.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 May 2007 11:42

A christening on IGI of William Milward, 1 Jan.1823, Heanor, Derby. Child's age was 2. Parents Richard Milward & Elizabeth. Other children with same parents are: Frances, born 24 Dec.1816, chr. 24 May1825 German, born 13 Aug.1815, chr. 24 May1825 Henry, chr. 10 Feb,1820 Richard, chr. 28 Dec.1813 Both German and Henry are on the same page on the 41 census as the Gaunt family. Margaret

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 8 May 2007 12:17

Thank you very much Margaret. It does appear that Millward was Elizabeths maiden name from the marriage but I had another marriage for a different family from IGI and it was a married name that was listed, it was only on obtaining the certificate that I found out. I don't think I have explained that very well, and am even confusing myself. I will have to study them all more carefully. Christine

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 May 2007 12:49

Christine, I still think that Milward was not her maiden name, that she was previously married to Richard Milward and had 5 children with him, the youngest being William, born 1821 who was still living with her and her new husband. Her other children were married but living very close to her. Unfortunately her marriage to Robert Gaunt doesn't say that she was previously married. I'm not sure what to suggest. Margaret

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 8 May 2007 13:14

Hi Margaret, I am with you now, thats what I thought then those christenings confused me, but looking more closely I see that they wereborn much earlier and must have been christened after she married Robert Gaunt. This family are my husbands and have caused me a lot of problems. He is descended from their son also Robert born 1829 and I can't find his family at all in 1871 (other people have searched too) The sons reappeared then in 1881 in Huddersfield after being in West Derby in 1861. I am wondering if they all went to Ireland as one of the sons married a girl from Ireland around 1871, well that's my theory anyway. Thanks for all your help. Christine