Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Corbett/Larcombe - Larkham, Worcester or Somerset

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jalanne

Jalanne Report 7 May 2007 22:43

CORBETT - LARKHAM/LARCOMBE - Worcester Still trying to find something positive. Does anyone have access to any Worcestershire parish records please. I'm trying to find a marriage, Thomas Corbett (Worcestershire) and Elizabeth Larkham/Larcombe (Somerset), it took place between 1820 and 1840 the only snag is i don't know where, and am having problems finding even a clue. Any help gratefully received, this family has been a puzzle for a year now, have made some progress recently, but this is yet another 'brick wall'. Many thanks - Giving this another run in the hope that someone can help. The first son Thomas was born in 1826, Worcester. - the only lead i have. Thanks again!!!

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 8 May 2007 04:52

Do you have this entry? Is this your lady and parents? IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 British Isles Search Results | Download | Pedigree Elizabeth Larkham Female Event(s): Birth: Christening: 08 APR 1798 Bedminster, Somerset, England Death: Burial: Parents: Father: Elias Larkham Family Mother: Hannah Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: C001766 Film Sorry, no luck with a marriage Judith. Babz

Christine

Christine Report 8 May 2007 11:47

Hi Corbett is a BIG name in Droitwich, Worcestershire, if connected, a Corbett was the salt king as this is a spa town and has natural salt water brine baths just like Cheltenham. There are also two roads named after him Corbett Avenue & Corbett Street in Droitwich. The salt distribution depot is actually up for sale at the moment and sadly it looks as though houses will be built on the site. Do you know this already, hope I am not going over old ground. In the meantime I will see if I can root out any parish records or other info, perhaps too if you Google Droitwich Brine Baths it may give some history and names for you. Good Luck. I have an old photo/ post card of the salt works and men if you would like to send a pm with your email address. chris OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! just googled 'thomas corbet salt king droitwich' and a wealth of info has popped up with birth dates for William Corbett who was father to 'a' thomas corbett, hope it is your, perhaps dates from this site and other info will help you pin something down. lotts of pictures too. Chris