Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 census look up please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 10 Feb 2007 20:59

Joseph 1809-Alice 1811- Elizabeth 1835-Marian 1838-Charles 1840 Salford Lancashire.Have found them in 1841 and again in 1861.No trace in 1851 but in 1861 Joseph and Alice down as born in Rochdale.Can anyone see them for me in 1851.Thanks a lot.Wanda.

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 10 Feb 2007 21:06

and their SURNAME was?????? lol

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 10 Feb 2007 21:17

WHOOPS!!!!! lol .Oh come on surely you could have guessed???.Thats tickled me.Talk about living up to your name!.So sorry...its Brierley.Wanda.x

Julie

Julie Report 10 Feb 2007 21:26

Deb I think this is them in the 1861 Joseph Brierley Age: 52 Estimated birth year: abt 1809 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Alice Gender: Male Where born: Rochdale, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Salford Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity Town: Salford County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Salford Sub-registration district: Greengate ED, institution, or vessel: 24 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 4 Household Members: Name Age Alice Brierley 50 Elizh Brierley 26 James Brierley 17 Joseph Brierley 52 Mary Ann Brierley 22 Edward J Jones 1 Robert Jones 28 Robert E J Jones 2 Mo Anne Payne 23

Julie

Julie Report 10 Feb 2007 21:30

Hi Wanda I've looked on the 51 and can't find them

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 10 Feb 2007 21:40

Yep thats them Julie...Couple of Jones there now, son and grandsons? Thats another mystery.Was gonna get to that later.Thanks.Wanda.

Julie

Julie Report 10 Feb 2007 21:42

found this maybe Elizabeth should have been Jones on the 1861 Marriages Jun 1857 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>Brierley Elizabeth Manchester 8d 472 Gorton Margaret Manchester 8d 472 Gorton Robert Manchester 8d 472 >>>Jones Robert Manchester 8d 472

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 10 Feb 2007 22:00

Wow nice one Julie! Wondered how they had slipped in.Down side is trawling now through Jones`s.Never mind should be plenty of help on that.Wanda.

Julie

Julie Report 10 Feb 2007 22:05

Wanda i've looked for James with parents mary with parents used no surmane just incase it was mistranscribed and can't find anything, sorry Julie

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 10 Feb 2007 22:12

Oh its ok Julie.Tried with Mary different ways as she was Marian then Mary Ann.They probably hid in the attic when the census bloke came round! Thanks for that on Jones.Really good help..Wanda.