Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census Challenge!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 19:37

I'm reallystumped on this one,i am looking for Mary Ann Bond born 1824 in Chelmodiston,Suffolk in 1881 she and her husband James were living Austin St Ipswich ,in 1891 she is a widow living Hawes St,Ipswich and her daughter Emma and Grandaughter Sarah are with her,i can find no trace of her after 1891 including death record (or marriage)so presume she is still alive.Also you'll notice in 1881 and 1891 she has her grandson Alfred T Bond/Frederick Bond born approx 1867 Wherstead,he is one and the same person and can find no trace of him either. Many Many thanks

Vera

Vera Report 10 Feb 2007 19:43

Hi Danuella, 1901 Mary Ann Bond Age: 76 Estimated birth year: abt 1825 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Chelmondston, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Stoke St Mary Ecclesiastical parish: Stoke St Mary County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Ipswich Sub-registration district: Ipswich Western ED, institution, or vessel: 24 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 100 Household Members: Name Age Mary Ann Bond 76 Regards Vera

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 19:45

Wow Vera i've been searching for that for ages and other peeps have as well,thats amazing thank you so so much. Is there any chance you could have a bash at trying to find Afred/Frederick for me once again thank you so so much. Hugs xx

Vera

Vera Report 10 Feb 2007 19:47

Hi Danuella, On the 1881 she is with her husband and Frederick .....1891 she is a widow living with her daughter and grand daughter....Frederick is not with them in 1891. Will see what I can find. Regards Vera

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 19:49

Yup sorry you are right Vera he wasnt with then in 1891 but in 1871 he is listed as Alfred T and 1891 Frederick?? I havent managed to find a definate birth for him but i did find one for 1867 in Samford district for a Male Bond which i think could be him. Once again thanks for all your help.

Vera

Vera Report 10 Feb 2007 20:08

Hi Danuella, Sorry, not having much luck with Alfred/Frederick Bond. It looks like his mother was Emma...Mary Anns daughter and at the time wasn't married...I wonder if she married and Alfred is under her married name...... Just a thought !!! Regards Vera

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 20:19

Hi Vera she married Ezra Garnham in 1876 in Ipswich,she lived with her husband in 1881 than they seemed to have separated and he took half of the children with him to Huntingshire.Its very puzzling as i cant trace Alfred/Fred anywhere??

Vera

Vera Report 10 Feb 2007 20:22

Danuella, Have you found Emma on any other census, after she separated. Regards V

Vera

Vera Report 10 Feb 2007 20:33

Sorry Danuella, I reread your thread and you say she is with her Mum and daughter !!!! Regards Vera

Danuella

Danuella Report 10 Feb 2007 20:36

Hi Vera yes i did in 1891 she is with her mother Mary Ann Bond and daughter Sarah in Hawes st,Ipswich,then in 1901 she is living with some of her children in Little Gipping st,Ipswich she does have a daughter in law with her Susan Crickmore (aged 48)and i have been puzzling that on the tips board as Susan is married with children of her own,her husband is William Hugs xx